Notebooks R Us puts it’s customer satisfaction first!
Shopping with Notebooksrus , you enjoy confidence – the confidence of knowing that if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return it to any Notebooksrus store and we will provide you with an exchange, refund or repair within the guidelines outlined below.
This policy applies to all purchases made from Notebooksrus, online or instore.
Proof of Purchase
Please note that all returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied by any of the following Proof of Purchase documents:
- Original register receipt (no photocopies accepted)
- Proof of Purchase (included with all online purchases and Click & Collect)
- Original return/exchange receipt
Change of mind
If you have changed your mind about your purchase, Notebooksrus will be pleased to offer you a refund or exchange provided that:
- You have produced satisfactory Proof of Purchase; and
- The item is in a saleable condition (i.e. the original box/tags and labels are still attached, the item is in its original packaging (if any), and the item is unworn, unused and as sold); and
- The item is not a Special Exception (see below):
If you are unable to provide satisfactory Proof of Purchase, Notebooksrus may, in its absolute discretion, provide you with an exchange to the current value of the item, provided that:
- The item is in a saleable condition (i.e. the original tags and labels are still attached, the item is in its original packaging (if any), and the item is unworn, unused and as sold); and
- We can verify that the item was originally purchased from Notebooksrus; and
- The item is not a Special Exception (see below); and
- Satisfactory Identification is presented at the time of the return. Notebooksrus will accept:
- A current Drivers Licence, including Learners permit with photograph
- Proof of Age card that is approved by the Government with photograph and signature within the seal
- Blind Citizens Card with photograph
- Australian or International Passport
- Police, Government or Armed Services sealed identification card with photograph and signature within the seal
- Pension cards for aged, invalid widows, supporting parents and carers; or
In the circumstance where you are unable to exchange an item, subject to authorisation from a Notebooksrus Manager, Notebooksrus may in its absolute discretion provide you with a Notebooksrus credit to the current value of the item.
As a consumer, you are entitled to the benefit of statutory consumer guarantees in respect of items purchased from Notebooksrus. In accordance with Australian Consumer Law, if the item has a major failure, you may reject the item and seek a refund or exchange, or you may keep the item and seek compensation for any drop in the value of the product.
Gift Cards/ Bonus items/Bundled items
All Gift Cards or bonus items attached to the purchased products, or all elements of any bundled items, must also be returned with the original purchase. If not, the value of any such unreturned Gift Card, bonus or bundled item or utilised portion of any Gift Card will be deducted from any refund.
Please choose carefully as we do not offer exchange or refund on the following items unless the item is faulty, significantly different from what was shown to you, not doing what it is supposed to do, in breach of manufacturer’s warranties or consumer guarantees; or where otherwise required by law.
Music, DVDs, computer software and accessories
- CDs, DVDs
- electronic games
- ink cartridges
- computer software
- Computer hardware, laptops and desktops, servers and other equipment advertised on our online store.
For products purchased online, you may also return the item by sending it to:
Notebooksrus Fulfilment Centre
A: 253 Victoria Street, Abbotsford, Vic 3067
P: 03 9417 1300
Please include your completed Return Slip on the back of your Proof of Purchase with your goods. An Online Customer Relations Assistant will call you to process your return once the goods have been received. Notebooksrus will not reimburse postage costs for returned items unless the item is faulty.
For all purchases, Notebooksrus will refund using your original payment method, or, where appropriate and at Notebooksrus’ sole discretion as a credit against another item.